On this site:
The Institute of Science and Technology Austria (ISTA) is a young international institute dedicated to basic research and graduate education in the natural and mathematical sciences. ISTA is located on the outskirts of Vienna, in Klosterneuburg.
ISTA is committed to conducting world-class research. By 2026, up to 90 research groups will perform research in an international state-of-the-art environment.
- We conduct basic research in the natural and mathematical sciences, and we educate future researchers.
- We foster interdisciplinary interaction between scientists.
- We provide a world-class environment for science and an attractive destination for doctoral students, postdocs, and professors from all countries.
- We are committed to the highest international academic standards, integrity, equality and diversity on campus, as well as respect and recognition for all.
- We use the public and private funds entrusted to us in the most effective and efficient manner possible
- We pursue an active policy of exploiting intellectual property when possible.
- We succeed by contributing to the international scientific community, research in Europe, higher education in Austria, and society at large.
Equity, Diversity & Inclusion (EDI)
At ISTA, equity, diversity and inclusion are core values that we see as essential for creating and disseminating new knowledge and for taking science into new directions. ISTA strives for a diverse community with an open, inclusive culture where scientists and staff of all expertises and backgrounds, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, cultural background, religion, sexual orientation, and physical disabilities, can work and learn together.
It is our shared understanding and awareness that, especially in STEM fields, it is a long journey to achieve a truly diverse and inclusive community, and one which requires honest, steadfast commitment. To this end, ISTA will steadily continue to implement and evaluate measures to increase our diversity and to strengthen our inclusive campus culture.
Contact person for EDI questions: IST Good Practice Officer (GPO), Hilde Janssens.